It’s tough being a teacher and it doesn’t get any easier with budget cuts, layoffs and unruly students, but what are the 10 things that annoy teachers the most? Here is a top 10 list, David Letterman style, that teacher’s say are some of their pet peeves:
10. The school district doesn’t pay for any supplies. We have to pay for it ourselves if we want to enhance our student’s learning.
9. Classrooms that are extremely hot or cold. It’s difficult teaching in a sweltering or freezing room.
8. The disrespect we get from the school district.
7. Kids who have weeks to do an assignment and hand it in late.
6. Students who are excessively late everyday.
5. Parents who write excuse notes for why their child didn’t do any homework.
4. When students are asked to stop talking, they deny it was them and blame someone else when they were seen talking.
3. Students who bring personal items to school and play with them all day.
2. Giving instructions and then being ask, “What are we supposed to do?”
And the number one teacher’s pet peeve is, drum roll please:
1. Students who come to school without any supplies and after the parent has been informed of this, they still have no supplies.