Parents of 300 Tulsa, Oklahoma area children are looking for new child care after the YWCA announced on Thursday that it was closing all three of its child care centers in Tulsa. The YWCA is citing the economy and the state’s four year old pre-k program as the main reasons for closing. Programs serving children three years of age and younger will be closed the day before Thanksgiving. The after school programs will close at the end of the school year.
What can these Oklahoma families do to locate new child care?
1. Contact the Child Care Resource and Referral Center serving the Tulsa area. Parents can call the resource and referral office at 918-834-2273.
2. Check out Oklahoma Department of Human Services Child Care Locator online. This will also give parents a brief summary of licensing visits made within the last year.
3. Talk to friends and family. Word of mouth is often the best way to find quality child care.
4. For more information, check out these articles: How to find child care and What to look for in a child care program.
5. And remember, parents should always follow their instincts when choosing a child care program!