The UFO Traffic Report for Friday, September 30, 2011, includes a third witness coming forward reporting green lights in a triangle formation near Tucson; a fast moving cigar UFO over North Carolina; and a large boomerang-shaped object silently flying near Nebraska’s Offutt Air Force Base, as reported to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
Over the past 24 hours, witnesses reported more than 18 September UFO sightings from 14 states and seven older cases from seven states. Today’s reporting spike was September 28, with nine reports from nine states.
A third witness reports from the Tucson area describing “three bright, green orb-like objects flying slowly in a triangle formation” moving north over Tortolita Mountain. Story.
A North Carolina witness reports a cigar-shaped object crossing the sky at about 500 mph that “lacked any fixed wing, rotor, tail or navigation lights” that became “even more clear each time lightning struck.” Story.
A Nebraska witness reports a large, boomerang-shaped object without lights moving silently across the sky near Offutt Air Force Base on September 29, 2011. Story.
This Just In
· 20 Most Recent Reports
· Real Time UFO Tracker.
· UFO ALERT Rating System.
· UFO reports increase: Most states saw August boom
· National UFO Alert: Sightings ‘spike’ doubles state list
· Sign the White House petition asking for Disclosure
You control public access to identity and location. Report a UFO. Good witness testimony and site evidence – including photos and video – are very welcome.
Place the camera in a stable (non-moving) position if possible. Use the video’s audio to verbally document what you are experiencing at the time.
If you encounter an unfamiliar object very low to the ground or one that has landed, move a safe distance away, call 911, and please file a MUFON report soon after the event. Older-recalled UFO event reports also appreciated.
September 29, 2011
CA – Numerous landing zones in the foothills of Ojai.
- “I found that there is a place in the foothills in Ojai that there are a number of them – that they are there when I get close to a ship on the ground,” the witness stated. “There are several reasons I can’t get close enough to touch them; one is my feet are glued to the ground 10 feet away; another is they fill my mind with terrer as if I am going to be eaten by something.” MUFON Case # 32185.
MI – Regular flashing lights in the sky are now in formations.
- “For the past three to four months, blinking colored lights in sky,” the witness stated. “At first just saw a couple of them over a period of a couple weeks – then started seeing more. Now they are in triangle formations. They have hardly moved in three months. There are at least 12 of them now. Can see them ever night. They are noticeable before the stars are. They flash in colors at same time.” MUFON Case # 32183.
WI – 12 to 15 Pulsating yellow-orange lights moving slowly in formation.
- “I saw the lights almost directly above my position for about 15 to 20 seconds and finally the passed out of view behind the building in which I live.”
WI – Yellow-orange lights moving in formation and seemingly connected.
- “The lights looked as if they were mounted on some huge craft, though it was nightime and no defined shape was readily apparent,” the witness stated. “In that this was outside, anything in my experience to date, I had no idea what I was looking at. The object/lights moved slowly in straight line and seemed to be about 500 to 1000 feet up. And we observed it until it moved behind the building in which I live.” MUFON Case # 32191.
September 28, 2011
AZ – Star-like objects that look like a round sphere through binoculars.
- “Using the binoculars the object looked like a round, white circle about the size of a BB,” the witness stated. “It just seemed to stay in one place with little or no movement. I couldn’t tell how high up this object was. At the same time, my daughter-in-law was watching it with the binoculars and the rest of us just watching it without; the object disappeared, gone.” MUFON Case # 32187.
CA – Glowing ball of lights with neon green flames.
- “It had a lime green, glowing outline, with what appeared to be neon green flames coming off of it,” the witness stated. “It had a long tale, that left mini trails as it went along. It was going northeast, made no sound, and appeared to be about the size of a two-story house. And that was from about one to two miles away. It lasted about seven to 10 minutes, and I lost site of it when it disappeared behind some homes.” MUFON Case # 32178.
CO – Bright white, round object, continues to be seen by same witness.
- “With binoculars it appeared to glow very bright white and had some sort of dark spot in the center,” the witness stated. “It also appeared to have some sort of line or tether. Not sure what weather balloons look like or if they are capable of staying stationary in the atmosphere, but this definitely had something attached to it, but it seemed under control, not just flapping about the object. After 40 minutes, the object suddenly began to disintegrate and fall apart, with the larger pieces remaining very bright white and moving off slowly; there was a small area of very small particles, almost dust-like, in the spot where the light had been and the larger pieces slowly fell away. But within a few minutes, all of the pieces and the dust like particles suddenly vanished, no trace whatsoever.” MUFON Case # 32165.
CN – Object larger than 3 or 4 football fields moving toward Bradley Airport, CT.
- “Above the clouds, large pulsating light – white.” MUFON Case # 32169.
FL – Blinking light changes from red to green to blue.
- “Was coming home from class near Kissimmee, FL, at 11:15 p.m. and observed a light that blinked, and changed colors from red, to green, to blue,” the witness stated. “An airplane flew at a lower altitude than said object. Small oscillations in movement detected. Nothing else.” MUFON Case # 32167.
GA – Low flying round, white light.
- “It was a large, blue-white light, round in shape with crisp edges. Look up at a lit street light and that will give you an idea of the size. Now all the dogs on that same path of travel are raising hell too. No noise was noticed, but our windows were up. Coming up behind us, it appeared over our heads and disappeared into the horizon in about three seconds. It was clearly a good bit over the tops of the trees, but not up where jets travel nor even the smaller planes.” MUFON Case # 32170.
IL – A bright star moves.
- “It will appear around 9 p.m. in the east very low to ground,” the witness stated. “It will move up ,down and side-to-side and always seems to relocate to the same vicinity. Often small blinker-esque objects will appear to interact with the object. When photographed and zoomed in on, two2 large, orange orbs appear. They seem to be overlapped in the center. Tonight when photographed, the object appears to be zigzagging wildly around and shooting off a series of four smaller balls of blue lights.” MUFON Case 32171.
MS – A couple reports a “spinning” object with red, blue, yellow and white light – then a plane with search lights moves in.
- “The plane turned off the search light and headed east,” the witness stated. “When it got out of sight the bright spinning lights came back, but not in the same spot. I don’t know of any plane with a search light, but I know it was not a helicopter and we heard an engine, but we didn’t see or hear helicopter blades. I just want to know if anyone else saw this or notices the lights. They show up often – and no it’s not a star.” MUFON Case # 32174.
OR – Low-flying, arrow-shaped craft with steady white-yellow lights and one flashing red light.
- “The craft’s lights were in the approximate shape of an arrow, with three steady, white-yellow lights forming a chevron at the front of the craft,” the witness stated. “At least one or two of the same type of lights formed the shape of a narrower, fuselage-type ‘arrow shaft’ in the middle. At the back of the craft, a pair of the same lights extended out again like another chevron pointing in the same direction as the front of the craft. On the rear of the craft was a single red light, the same size as the white-yellow lights, only this one was blinking at a rate of about every other second.” See Illustration # 1, and Illustration # 2. MUFON Case # 32184.
September 27, 2011
AK – Twinkling star with “all the colors of the rainnbow.”
- “I got my camera and took over 40 pictures of it,” the witness stated. “I could see it clearly when my camera would focus, but most of the pictures came out like a colored scribble. It was so far away and I didn’t have a tripod. I tried to take video, but my camera wouldn’t focus on it. I watched and took pictures for about 15 minutes, then it got lighter and smaller and was gone.” See Image # 1, Image # 2, and Image # 3. MUFON Case # 32176.
CA – Bright yellow-orange light is silent, stops, moves in new direction and disappears.
- “The color was yellow-orange and was constant. No flashing lights and certainly no sound,” the witness stated. “I have no idea what its altitude was. We are neither of us given to this type of speculation. Nor are we UFO enthusiasts in any way. I know from my experience with various aircraft that the only things that move like this did are helicopters, but the speed at which it approached and the silence from it makes me think it was not a helicopter.” MUFON Case # 32177.
MO – Silent, orange fireball slow moving over Highway 635 north of Kansas City.
- “The object was moving at a slow rate of speed,” the witness stated. “I pulled over to the side of the road in order to get a better look at it and was upset that I did not have a camera or video camera with me. It moved slowly overhead and towards the west – towards Kansas. It went out of sight again at the tree line. It was the size of my thumb at arm’s length. The object was an orange color and pulsated. I did not hear any sound as it went over.” MUFON Case # 32195.
September 11, 2011
TX – Witness saw an “oblong, blue shimmering star-like” object that was “high and quick.”
- “It was traveling quite fast,” the witness stated. “It was about a magnitude three in brilliance. It fluctuated in brilliance; kind of shimmering.” MUFON Case # 32175.
September 9, 2011
TX – Witness watched what appeared to be an orb “dogfight.”
- “I seen this weird blue glowing orb shooting across the sky towards a stationary white orb and a weird redish glowing orb,” the witness stated. “And then if that wasn’t weird, I watched the blue orb shoot off something that looked like a beam or something at the red orb; then the red orb kinda shot off for about 30 seconds and the white orb turned a redish color all about the same time; and the blue and red orb started what looked like shooting lights at each other.”
August 31, 2011
PA – Transparent red, glass-like orb under 2,000 feet.
- “It continued to head towards me and at its nearest point to me, approximately an eigth mile or less, it gradually changed course to a northernly heading,” the witness stated. “Its speed was between 150-200 mph and altitude approx 1000-2000 feet. Object was like a transparent red glass, roundish shape with a very bright, orange flare in center. As I watched for two to three minutes before landscape obscured my view of it, it struck me as being comical – like an artist’s depiction. It didn’t look real.” MUFON Case # 32172.
August 27, 2011
WA – Orb descends on witness.
- “They are interdimensional.” MUFON Case # 32188.
April 26, 2011
KY – Five witness encounter more than 30 UFOs at close range – some have landed.
- “Once we had been driving for about 15 more minutes, we pulled over again in an open area,” the reporting witness stated. “When we got out of the car this time, we counted about 15 objects in about a mile radius around us. We again tried to document the objects, but the audio was the only legible thing in the video. At this point we looked in the fields around us and spotted several (5 or 6) objects on the ground about a mile away. They were about 100 feet tall. They had rows of lights on them. The rows were vertical. The first row had red lights. The second had white. The third had a bluish light. They all flashed in sequence and were all perfectly similiar with one another. The flashing also was in sequence with the white flash of the objects in the air. After standing outside for about 30 minutes we got back into the vehicle to see if we could find a roadway that got us closer to the landed objects.” MUFON Case # 32179.
November 3, 2009
OH – Three black glider or boomerang-shaped objects at 15,000 to 25,000 feet – fast and silent.
- “They were out of site almost as soon as we spotted them,” the witness stated. “We only could focus on them long enough to make out the shape and color and to notice that they didn’t have any lights.The only way that we could see them is because they were so black and the fact that the sky’s backdrop was lit up so bright from all the stars.” MUFON Case # 32193.
April 20, 1996
NJ – UFO hovers over Blooomfield.
- “I looked up at the sky and saw this big disc-shaped object with different colored lights all around it just hovering and this helicopter (which looked like maybe a green army helicopter) was hovering just watching it,” the witness stated. “I watched them both just hover there for about three minutes when suddenly, the disc-shaped object turned and took off so fast it was gone in an instant. The helicopter slowly turned and then flew away.” MUFON Case # 32166.
January 21, 1990
MD – Multiple alien-UFO events reported by witness.
- “Five minutes later my Dad bursts thrpigj doorway and said he saw a UFO,” the witness stated. “Car stalled out at end of driveway and he saw several multi-colored lights take off at lightning speed. No one believed him; I did; until it was in all the papers next day. Soon after about three to six helicopters were in hot pursuit around our house for several minutes.” MUFON Case # 32168.
June 10, 1973
AL – Object moved like a heart beat on a monitor.
- “Imagine if you will what a heart beat looks like on a monitor – that is the flight pattern that the object had,” the witness stated. “It was flying level, then shot up and then back down at least three times with a level flight path in between each change of altitude just like you would see on a heart beat monitor. Now being a child and not really knowing about flight characteristics of aircraft, satelites, meteors, etc., I had no idea what I was looking at. But now, I definitely know that it was not any of those things.” MUFON Case # 32182.
Philadelphia UFO Conference
Pittsburgh Area UFO-Bigfoot Conference
4th Annual Burlington (WI) Vortex Conference
Mutal UFO Network
MUFON is the largest UFO study group in existence today. All 50 U.S. states have a State Director, a Chief Investigator, State Section Directors, and any number of Field Investigators, all volunteer, chiefly supported by your generous annual subscription to the MUFON Journal. Please join MUFON today to receive the monthly publication and further the investigation efforts into the UFO phenomenon.
The above reports were filed in the 24 previous hours through 11:30 p.m. September 29, 2011, EST. You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page. The above witness quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. Photos and videos can be deceiving – wait for the analysis. Cases will be updated upon conclusion of MUFON investigation. If you have a particular past case of interest and you have not seen a published conclusion here – please email a “Case Conclusion” request to the UFO Examiner at [email protected] Case Updates will be published here as time allows.