The UFO Traffic Report for Thursday, September 29, 2011, includes a new report of cigar-shaped objects with a center “black band” from Waterford, MI; multiple “strange lights” over Boise, ID; and an Arizona witness who photographed a triangle UFO with three green, glowing lights, as reported to the Mutual UFO Network (MUFON) witness reporting database.
Over the past 72 hours, witnesses reported more than 42 September UFO sightings and five older cases. Reports came in from 26 states with a spike in cases taking place on September 25 – where 16 cases occurred over 15 states.
A Waterford, MI, witness reports watching two cigar-shaped objects with “a dark spot in the center” crossing the sky without sound that moved into a cloud “and never came out.” Story.
A Boise, ID, witness reports multiple “strange lights” over the cities’ night sky. Story.
An Arizona witness reports a triangle-shaped object with “three green, glowing orbs” moving north in a “straight, slow and steady formation” over Tortolita Mountain. Story.
This Just In
· 20 Most Recent Reports
· Real Time UFO Tracker.
· UFO ALERT Rating System.
· UFO reports increase: Most states saw August boom
· National UFO Alert: Sightings ‘spike’ doubles state list
· Sign the White House petition asking for Disclosure
You control public access to identity and location. Report a UFO. Good witness testimony and site evidence – including photos and video – are very welcome.
Place the camera in a stable (non-moving) position if possible. Use the video’s audio to verbally document what you are experiencing at the time.
If you encounter an unfamiliar object very low to the ground or one that has landed, move a safe distance away, call 911, and please file a MUFON report soon after the event. Older-recalled UFO event reports also appreciated.
September 28, 2011
- CA – Witness reports two star-like objects flying fast in formation. “Three seconds is all it took the objects to move from the 12:00 position (overhead) to the 2:00 position; and then went out of sight past the horizon,” the witness stated. “I estimate their speed at somewere between 2000 – 3000 mph. No sonic boom was heard, so I figure the object had to be in the outer atmosphere, flying at even greater speeds.” MUFON Case # 32150.
- FL – September 28, 2011 – A stationary light changes color, dims on and off, and then slowly drifts north over trees. “It hovered during the durattion of my first cigarette and while I was smoking it I saw the blinking lights change from green, red, blue, and yellow,” the witness stated. “Then I lit another cigarette because it got me intriqued. I was watching it, then I saw a bright, red light appeared from the center and it lasted for maybe two to three seconds; and then dimmed too; and the white light resumed.” MUFON Case # 32163.
- SD – Witness/photographer submits two photos that may be “contrail of possible Pulse Wave Detonation” engine. “The aircraft emitting the contrail was almost to the western horizon by the time I noticed the contrail almost overhead,”the witness stated. “I only saw a glint of the aircraft in the very bright sunlight, (my angle of view was almost directly into the sun). It appeared to be traveling at a very high rate of speed. It travelled in a straight line from the southeastern horizon to the western horizon. I heard no sound at the time of the sighting, nor after. This could be consistant with other reports of top-secret experimental,(or operational?)military aircraft such as the ‘Aurora’, or the ‘X-33.'” MUFON Case # 32159.
September 27, 2011
- AR – Amber lights fly over witnesses’ house. “The lights were the same size and they stayed the same distance apart,” the witness stated. “The lights went behind some trees, so I ran to the end of my yard and waited until they came in to view again. I got the feeling that these lights were at the back of a craft. The lights were low not very much over tree top level. There was no sound. If I had not looked up, would never have seen them. It was way too low for a plane. There were no landing lights, no red light. Could not have been lanterns because they were flying vertical.” MUFON Case # 32141.
- AR – Red-orange orb described by witness. “It did not blink (had no navigational lights),” the witness stated. “It glowed dimly. It was hard to focus on as it was very high in the sky and the street lights were obscuring my vision. I observed it fly, almost floating, until it was too small to see. It was definitely bigger than a star, not quite as bright, and moving very fast.” MUFON Case # 32140.
- FL – A couple describe two boomerang-shaped objects that silently flew overhead. “It was a dark, gray boomerang shape that matched the color of the sky,” the reporting witness stated. “However, on the front leading edge were lights intermittently blinking. As it got right over our heads, we could see that it was very large, very quiet, and then we were better able to see that it was actually two boomerang shapes in formation. It almost seemed to glide by. My husband, questioning what he saw, then decided he had seen birds in migration. However, I see birds fly over Naples at night in formation, all the time, and they don’t look like this. I would say the object moved at approximately 80 miles an hour.” MUFON Case # 32139.
- IN – A couple first see “amazing colored lights” in the western sky and then large, slow-moving objects. “I seen this incredibly bright, orange-red object coming over my neighbor’s house, then suddenly another appeared following the first,” the reporting witness stated. “They were identicle in appearance; moving very slowly almost hovering; then started moving east after about 30 seconds.” MUFON Case # 32149.
- MO – Witness reports star-like objects “moving erattically” around the sky for the past seven nights. “The past seven nights I’ve noticed multiple star-like objects that move around in zigzag patterns, circles, and back and forth erratically,” the witness stated. “This is something entirely new and something I’ve never seen before. The objects move very fast. Some remain still for a long time, then make sudden movements.” MUFON Case # 32152.
- MO – Witness reports seeing an almost transparent object glowing over buildings in downtown Kansas City. “It was a silver craft with a whitish glow around it,” the witness stated. “There were no lights that I could see, but it looked like it was lit up somehow. I stopped and looked at it, and asked my friends if they saw it too, but they didn’t. Then one said, ‘Yeah, there is something there, but I can’t see what it is.” MUFON Case # 32155.
- MT – Witness comments on reports of star-like objects moving across the sky. ” I have been a UFO researcher for 52 years and have studied the sky intensely as an amateur astronomer. I have located about five to six false stars – these eject orbs, the orbs go on a mission, then return to the larger craft. The larger craft move around quickly to gather the orbs upon returning. These larger objects are most likely motherships – ejecting orbs in the west, south, and east of my location 25 miles outside Philadelphia. They do stop moving when an aircraft nears, although these craft must be much higher in the atmosphere. I can see them with the naked eye due to practice. Their quick movements to assist in the capture of orbs is easily noticeable with a little practice. I refer to them as false stars since they mimic stars to avoid detection.” MUFON Case # 32161.
- TX – Witness and son watched objects they could not identify. “At first there were four objects and suddenly one vanished,” the reporting witness stated. “I then observed the objects through the glasses and noticed they seemed to remain in a triangular formation for the duration of the sighting. The objects eventually just vanished. To me and my son they looked like two litter bottles tumbling.” MUFON Case # 32137.
- VA – Three star-like objects hovered in place. “They continued to hover in place for some time almost right over the city,” the witness stated. “After 30 minutes or so I went inside, coming back out several minutes later. The UFOs had moved across the sky, and up to 10 aircraft could be observed circling the sky. See Image # 1. After a period of time they disappeared and the aircraft left.” MUFON Case # 32138.
September 26, 2011
- CO – Witness describes a bright, white light with three, smaller multi-colored lights. “It ejected two small objects that moved slowly away from its parent object,” the witness stated. “Those two small objects also had colored lights but not as bright. Clouds moved in and I could no longer see the colored lights; but the whole time this was going on, the larger, bright light was in the same position in the sky and did not move, nor change in its brightness. Then more clouds moved overhead and I could no longer see the white light.” MUFON Case # 32119.
- CO – A cluster of pulsating, white orbs seemed to ascend from Lockeed Martin Deer Creek Canyon facility. “Did anyone else see this event, and the objects, that I am describing?” MUFON Case # 32126.
- NH – A couple report watching a stationary object that they could only see when it flashed lights. “My wife and I could not see the object until it would flash – each flash was a different color and a different intensity,” the reporting witness stated. “it would flash aproximately every 10-15 seconds and each time the color would change from white – which was the brightest intensity – to a brownish, and a yellow orange. The brownish flash kind of looked flat. The yellow-orange was kind of blurry, and more round. The white flashes were at times the size of a golf ball and extremely bright. My wife and I often go out and watch the sky and just about every night we see what looks like stars moving across the sky, but this was a first to not see the object – just the flashes of light and extremely bright. We watched this object for a good 45 minutes until we got back home and went in the house.” MUFON Case # 32094.
- MI – Witness reports a triangle-shaped object moving south to north. The object looked as though “as though it was invisible and appeared and then disappeared,” the witness stated. “I thought I was seeing things as i watched it move across the sky for about 30 seconds and then it disappeared. It had no sound, I knew it was not a plane or helicopter. It was moving fast, but at the same time seemed like it was skipping across the sky. Due to the craft’s lights it gave the appearance of it skipping, but I knew it was moving on a straight path.” MUFON Case # 32160.
- TN – Witiness reports watching a flat object with six to seven red lights. “Then it stopped above the tree tops around half a mile away and it slowly descended down behind the trees,” the witness stated. “I know this was not an airplane and it was not a helicopter. I watched for a few minutes but it never reappeared.” MUFON Case # 32122.
- TX – Bright light described as a welding light. See witness Sketch # 1. “The object was briefly still, then faded to an orange or redish before slowly moving across the sky at about 30,000 feet.” MUFON Case # 32121.
September 25, 2011
- AL – Witness describes a green fireball that appeared to burn out before it hit the ocean. “I probably watched it for about 5 seconds. I was wondering if anyone else saw it.” MUFON Case # 32104.
- AZ – Witness believes object was an unknown due to its “lights, speed, and sudden change of direction. “The one light in the middle was constant and did not blink, while the other two on the ends blinked alternately,” the witness stated. “There also was a constant red light and appeared to be in the middle. I noticed the object because it was really low, and obviously wasn’t a plane coming from the west because it was off-route. At first I thought it was a helicopter with the flashing lights, then I approached it while driving in my car and it seemed to be moving pretty slow. I turned around and as I did that it, changed direction (northeast) then suddenly it turned back toward the East and began to accelerate much quicker then when I was previously close to it.” MUFON Case # 32091.
- CA – Witness is trying to identify an object that was circular and bright orange. “The shape was round with triangular edges shaped sorta like an end of a squid in certain angles,” the witness stated. “After about four seconds it decided to glide off vertical very fast upward. You could tell it was going really fast but amazingly no vapor or noise.” MUFON Case # 32145.
- CA – Witness describes orange ligths over San Fernando Valley. “It was slowly ascending, leading us to realize it was not falling debris, since it was going up and not down,” the witness stated. “It didn’t have a tail so I didn’t think it was a meteor. I’ve seen pretty large, spectacular meteor displays and they typically are moving very fast and have a tail. It was too big and too close to be a satellite that was orbiting. If I put my hand out and closed my fingers around the diameter of it, it would be about the size of a golf ball. It was below a low marine layer and eventually disappeared into the clouds.”MUFON Case # 32114.
- CO – Witness was watching a high altitude jet when a silver ball was seen dropping out of the sky behind it in. “Followed it for a few seconds, then accelerated past it and flew up back into the sky in front of it and was gone,” the witness stated. “The jet had large contrails – the object had none.” MUFON Case # 32090.
- IA – A couple report watching a bright, round object crossing the sky in a Z-pattern. “Then it just stopped and shot straight up and vanished,” the reporting witness stated. “Both of us looked at each other and said that was a UFO. The object moved without sound.” MUFON Case # 32098.
- IL – Witness reports three flickering lights in the sky with no sound at Stickney. “The three lights were following each other and began going up higher,” the witness stated. “I was in disbelief and thought about my cell phone. I took two pictures and videotaped what I could. The three circles looked like they were in a triangular form.They went from bright orange reddish to white. It was a cloudy night so the objects slowly moved behind the clouds and I could no longer see them.” See Image # 1 and Video # 1. MUFON Case # 32115.
- IL – Witness describes a “fleet” of red-orange orbs moving west. “There was no noise – no rotors, no engines, nothing,” the witness stated. O”rbs were moving somewhat slowly in formation toward the west, stretched across the sky.” MUFON Case # 32118.
- KY – Witness reports a light moving at regular airplane speed, that then shot away at great speed. “It flashed white, then red, then white, then red. It was moving at a rate of speed typical of planes” the witness stated. “Then, in an instant, it shot across the sky out of my field of view. It did not gradually speed up. It went from one movement rate – that of an airplane, instantly to a much faster movement rate – that of a shooting star, the kind that zip across the sky really fast. When it shot across the sky like a meteor, it seemed pink and also appeared to leave a trail. The object must have been just below the cloud level, because I had a clear view of it (with the clouds in the background) the entire time. The entire sighting only lasted about five seconds which was very frustrating.” MUFON Case # 32136.
- LA – A 12-year-old girl traveling with a parent along Highway 90 west from Lafayette saw a “yellow streak of light coming down like a meteor” that was verified by a 60-something guy they bumped into at a nearby gas station. “He said, ‘did you see that thing in the sky?’ the parent stated. “He then explained what he saw, which was similar to my daughters. I could tell he was amazed by it and wanted more of an explanation. He also thought it was more of a blueish color if I remember right.” MUFON Case # 32102.
- MA – Witness saw a green, football-shaped object moving west toward Boston. “It moved in a staight line and then went out of sight,” the witness stated. “I felt kinda of happy as I enjoy seeing beautiful colors. I am retired and enjoy drawing and painting. I can’t describe the shade of green. Never seen that shade before.” MUFON Case # 32097.
- MI – The witness reports a series of lights that moved silently in a delta formation. “I kept observing the formation of lights move across the sky with my naked eyes,” the witness stated. “After a couple of minutes, the object that lead the formation slowly disappeared. About 30 seconds to a minute after that, the light following the lead object slowly disappeared also. The rest of the objects kept their trajectory as a new object came from behind the formation slightly faster than the rest of them. It caught up with the original delta formation as it moved through the sky, then stopped (as the delta formation kept moving slowly,) hovered for a few seconds, it came back at a higher rate of speed and it seemed to lower its altitude by a few degrees until it settled straight ahead of my point of view.” MUFON Case # 32095.
- MS – Four adults traveling westbound along I-10 report a large, brightly-lit orb crossing the sky. ” It was very large and glowed brightly,” the reporting witness stated. “I keep trying to think logically that it was a meteor or something falling out of the sky. However, we are all in agreement this was not a falling or shooting star. We could not judge its distance, but it did not appear to be very far away, yet not very close either. We were traveling in the car and were currently in Mississippi at the time. The object could have been in Louisiana; just couldn’t tell.” MUFON Case # 32099.
- NY – Witness reports watching a non-flashing, light emmiting, star-like object hovered a long time forming triangles in the sky. “This second craft stopped at a point in the sky which created two triangle-shaped constellations,” the witness stated. “In the first, the craft was the left point, nearly parallel with the right point (a star), the third point (a star) at the bottom. In the second triangle, the craft created the top point of a triangle. It was positioned to the right and higher then Ursa Major, left of and lower then of Camelopardalls.” MUFON Case # 32125.
- PA – Witness describes a “black dot” moving in a fluttery-type motion. Watch the video. MUFON Case # 32129.
- TX – Witness reports a bright, golden light that slowly moved upward. MUFON Case # 32117. “It slowly accended up, took about 30-45 seconds, and then vanished in under a second.” MUFON Case # 32117.
- VT – A couple report watching a large, slow-moving object with three or four non-blinking lights. “It was moving too slow for a plane, was the wrong shape, was soundless and had three or four lights that didn’t blink,” the witness stated. “It took about 10 minutes to move a distance of about five miles before it disappeared behind the trees and we could no longer see it on its journey.” MUFON Case # 32096.
September 24, 2011
- CA – Witness lost track after spotting 150 glowing orange-yellow orbs. “They flew inland a mile or so and upwards into a wierd, black cloud. Then two more appeared and followed the same path into the cloud. Soon lines of four and eight came in like freeway lines at three different levels, all into the bottom of the growing cloud. Sirens in nearby Ft Bragg went off. Heard neighbor yell on the phone ‘Ive never seen anything like this!'” MUFON Case # 32116.
- CA – Photographer reports UFO that looks like a sliver of light. Image # 1 and Image # 2. MUFON Case # 32131.
- IL – A “black dot” followed a 767 airliner. “It was just moving along with the aircraft until it passed in front of me when it slowly began to slide rearward maintaining the same distance under the aircraft as when I first observed it,” the witness stated. “As it moved away from me it continued to move rearward until it became too small for me to distinguish. Its last position was just behind and below the fusilage. The object was in sight from 15-20 seconds.” MUFON Case # 32120.
- MT – A couple report watching a triangle-shaped object move overhead with three blue lights as it moved west. “It was really not going fast and had an outline shape of a sting ray shape to the object,” the reporting witness stated. “The object did not make a sound and was amazed – could not figure out the object. Lost the object when it went over the house.” MUFON Case # 32093.
- PA – Witness videotaped four orange orbs that seemed to hover and created a formation. “Finally, four of the lights came together in a diamond formation and hovered right above the city,” the witness stated. “Then, they broke formation and light went away, but we could see a metallic like object in the sky that was the same circular shape as the orbs.” MUFON Case # 32112. And watch the witness video here. [EDITOR’S NOTE: We covered another orange orb story from the same date and same state – More than 40 orange orbs’ move over Elizabeth, Pennsylvania – although this story will be updated with new witness testimony that may prove these to be Chinese Lanterns.]
- PA – More orange orbs spotted – see Editor’s Note above. “These two orbs were flying wobbly next to each other with no sound or trace of residue behind them – no sight of the normal blinking lights you would see on a plane either,” the witness stated. “From a distance they looked like a glowing orange circle.” MUFON Case # 32127.
- UT – Witness reports watching a pulsating object hovering at a distance of 30 miles. “At the distance noted it was about the size of an eraser on the end of a pencil,” the witness stated. “Center white light appeared to glow which was steady and surrounded by three alternating triangular tiped or three cornered red blinking lights which were pulsating; submitting report because I just read an independent report on another web site where events were reported for Nevada on Saturday, September 24 (same date as our event) and in Utah on Friday, September 23. Object remained stationary the entire 90 minutes my wife and I viewed it; both using binoculars with unobstructed view.” MUFON Case # 32110.
September 15, 2011
- CO – A couple reports multiple encounters with “bizarre lighted crafts” including one case where a disc-shaped object with flashing lights moved to the tree top level. “The object was hovering about as high as the treetops, very slowly moving toward the north,” the reporting witness stated. “My wife and I were awestruck. The object was large, about the mass of city bus, but sort of disc-shaped. We watched the object for about 20 minutes, then it suddenly lit up bright white. It shone a huge white beam down toward us. We were so frightened that we ran in our house and hid for the rest of the night.”MUFON Case # 32107.
September 11, 2011
- KY – UFO not seen when photo was taken. See Image # 1 and Image # 2. “I zoomed the picture in to see what it was, and it appears to be an inverted stealth bomber,” the photographer said. “It was dark on top and lighter on the bottom. The next day our newspaper ran an article about UFO sightings over the weekend in Boyd County. I had not said a word to anyone about this. I was also informed that about 50 or 60 people in Seattle,WA, saw the same object I photographed three hours after I took the pictures. Picture one is full length shot and you can see a small light in the distance over his shoulder. Picture 2 is zoomed in and can be zoomed in to 400 percent for viewing.” MUFON Case # 32156.
- NC – Witness reports a star-like object over Charlotte that stopped and reversed direction. “It continued straight for a short period and would change direction again, sometimes briefly stopping,” the witness stated. “About this time another one appeared and one of the other parties on the rooftop said ‘now there’s two of them.’ As they moved they would disappear behind the crown of the building and reappear on the other side, so it was difficult to tell how far away they were. They really did look just like the stars that were in the sky behind them, except for the nature of their movements.”MUFON Case # 32111.
September 6, 2011
- VA – Witness reports object had no wings or tail. “I could see the object was long, cylindrical and white with no windows,” the witness stated. “It moved in an east to west path slowly for about one and-a-half minutes; then it appeared to shrink into a ball; but it had changed direction to a north and south path for a minute; then it looked like it elongated; but it had only changed direction again back to the east-west course. It continued in that direction for about another minute, then it just disappearedn” MUFON Case # 32154.
- AR – May 1, 1974 – Witness recounts star-like lights in the sky and then orange and multi-colored orbs flying above the house. “I could see a bright, orange orb, glowing way off in the distance, about 300 yards away over open pasture,” the witness stated. “It was moving closer to my location as it continued to get larger. The light hovered over the trees on the mountain to the southeast, moving northwest down over open land. This object flew right over the top of our house at close range. It lighted the entire ground under it as it moved over the house and moved down through the valley below. I watched it fly away till it just turned in to a glow through the forest. I thought it was going to crash in the woods as I continued to watch that direction. Suddenly, I looked up, and there, was the star like object I had seen earlier, in a circular formation, a cluster, and then the orange object launched vertically up in to the cluster of star like objects, merged with them and shot up out of the atmosphere! Never saw this before or since.” MUFON Case # 32135.
- IN – August 22, 2011 – Witness reports star-sized objects hovering and moving in formations. “Occasionally one would flash east across sky over the roof,” the witness stated. “We watched off and on for about three hours before going to bed. During this time, an airplane flew by very low (usual for this area) and a few minutes later a jet flew by fairly low in the sky. These object were starlike, about the size of Venus. They would make circle, zip off at acute angles and reconverge in the same area of the sky. This occured every night until cloud cover began covering the sky labor day weekend. The last night, we noticed at least ten of these objects lower in the southwest sky; the previous nights they had been about 90 degrees above the horizon.” MUFON Case # 32142.
- IN – September 15, 2006 – A delivery driver offers a chilling story after an encounter with a “landed domed object in a rural farm field. “What I witnessed about 20 feet away gave me chills and caused me a great deal of anxiety,” the witness stated. “What I saw was a highly reflective dome just over the top of the weeds about 20 feet – 35 feet in diameter, reflecting the color of the night sky with just the faintest sliver of an outline that defined its shape. But the weirdest thing about it was – it was mimicking a fire; soft orange and reddish undulations were reflecting off its surface; but even stranger were the spark embers that normally float off a fire. They were recreated in a pixel-type format, very quick dashes of light that floated in a zigzag, geometric pattern making sharp right angles in a multi-sized square track across the surface of the dome. The light even dimmed as to copy an ember burning out. It was semi-convincing in reproducing a campfire but it was not natural.” MUFON Case # 32123.
- MA – June 3, 2011. Witness offers few details – one photo without a cloud; and a second photo where the cloud appears with a dark area and trail. View photos at this link. MUFON Case # 32105.
- OK – January 10, 2011 – Witness sees a bright light that is not moving. “I stopped pretty close to right underneath it,” the witness stated. “I looked up my windshield and it was sort of the shape of a diamond, but there were four outer lights and on each exterior side of light, the light like curved or had a boomerrang light attached to the light – kind of like a bell – but where the bell widened, was just a thin curve attached to a ball of light. There was a light in the middle that was just round. I stared up at it for what felt like forever. It was right above the powerlines. It really looked as if it was hovering on them; almost touching them. I heard no sounds. I just stared aimlessly up at this light, not scared, but just captivated and curious. It felt like I had been there an hour, but I looked at the clock and it had only been 10 minutes so. I decided that I should contniue on my way to school. I drove past it. It was still there, but I turned onto 12th street and looked behind me, and it was no longer there. It was completly gone.” MUFON Case # 32153.
Philadelphia UFO Conference
Pittsburgh Area UFO-Bigfoot Conference
4th Annual Burlington (WI) Vortex Conference
Mutal UFO Network
MUFON is the largest UFO study group in existence today. All 50 U.S. states have a State Director, a Chief Investigator, State Section Directors, and any number of Field Investigators, all volunteer, chiefly supported by your generous annual subscription to the MUFON Journal. Please join MUFON today to receive the monthly publication and further the investigation efforts into the UFO phenomenon.
The above reports were filed in the 72 previous hours through 11 p.m. September 28, 2011, EST. You can read more details about other recently reported cases at the UFO Examiner home page. The above witness quotes were edited for clarity. Please keep in mind that most UFO reports can be explained as something natural or manmade. Photos and videos can be deceiving – wait for the analysis. Cases will be updated upon conclusion of MUFON investigation. If you have a particular past case of interest and you have not seen a published conclusion here – please email a “Case Conclusion” request to the UFO Examiner at [email protected] Case Updates will be published here as time allows.