Halloween is only one week away and there are more Halloween activities to tell you about for youngsters this time.
- Cornbelly’s Corn Maze and Pumpkin Fest has 40 attractions for kids of all ages. Some of the attractions include The Royal Pony Hop Races, Silly Scarecrow Ride, Big Top Terror, Kiddie Corral and Cage Maze. It is located in Lehi, at Thanksgiving Point. Admission is $10.95. Call 801-798-0597 or visit their website.
- Frightmares runs now through October 29 at Lagoon Amusement Park, 375 Lagoon Drive in Farmington, UT. Attractions include Psycho Dave’s Salvage Yard, Fun House of Fear, Deception and much more. You can get information on tickets, times and directions from the Lagoon Park website. Admission is $27.95-$43.95.
- Haunted Dinosaur Park is a family oriented haunted forest that includes Jack-O-Lanterns and haunted trails. The park is at 1544 E. Park Blvd. in Odgen, UT. Hours are 7-9:30 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Admission is $7 for adults and $5 for kids. For more information, call 801-393-3466 or go to the Dinosaur Park website.
- Light Up The Night is an event taking place at the Red Butte Garden and Arboretum, 300 Wakara Way in Salt Lake City on October 27-29. Here they have things that light up at night including plants and animals that glow. Activities include costume contests, crafts and light displays. Hours are 6-9 p.m. and admission is $10. Phone 801-581-4747 for more information or click here to go to their website.
- Pumpkin Days is an event that has a lot of things for children to participate in, including corn and hay mazes, wagon rides and a pumpkin patch. Hours are 11 a.m.-9 p.m. Monday through Thursday; 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Friday-Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m.-1 p.m. Admission is $8 for adults and $6 for kids. Pumpkin Days takes place at Wheeler Farm, 6351 S 900 E in Murray.
The Utah Grizzlies hockey team is 4-1 so far in this young season. They have won 4 straight games. They have 2 upcoming home games on Friday and Saturday ,October 28-29 against the first place Alaska Aces (5-0). Both games start at 7:05 p.m. at the Maverik Center, 3200 S. Decker Lake Drive in West Valley City. Tickets are on sale online.
At the Jeanne Wagner Theater is “Menopause The Musical,” running now through October 30. This national tour comes to Salt Lake City this week only. Tickets can be purchased at ArtTix locations or online.
For those who admire William Shakespeare’s work, you will enjoy “The Tempest.” This play will be performed at the Pioneer Theatre Company now through November 5. It is located on the University of Utah campus, 300 S 1400 E in Salt Lake City. Tickets are on sale now at the Pioneer Theatre Company website.