One young trick or treatin’ girl who loved Halloween so much, decided to combine her fascination for the scary holiday with a worthy cause : “bringing an end to domestic violence.” That little girl is all grown up now, and Ms. Anna Chaley Croll is preparing to host her 4th annual “Violence is Scary” Halloween charity event Saturday, October 29th from 6:30 – 10:30 PM at the ONE Lounge located at 1606 20th Street NW, Washington, DC.
I believe strongly in the need to fight to end domestic violence and bring awareness to the cause, and so began my annual “Violence is Scary” Halloween charity event. The first year we collected phones to donate to an organization that provides them to women who are living in threatening situations for emergencies. The following years, as the event expanded, it became a ticketed event, and I am thrilled to say that the event raised $3,000 last year for WEAVE (Women Empowered Against Violence).
For a small donation to the selected organization, guests enjoy cocktails, live music, hors d’oeuvres, desserts, a silent auction, raffle, costume contest and more. My vision is for the event to grow each year, and to continue to support these remarkable organizations who dedicate their lives and their work for such a worthy cause. ~ Anna Chaley Croll, violenceisscary.com
All proceeds from ticket sales and this year’s silent auction at the event will go directly to the National Network to End Domestic Violence (NNEDV), to aid in their efforts to provide training and assistance to the statewide and territorial coalitions against domestic violence.
So if you’re anywhere near the greater DC area, get into your scariest costume and get to “Violence is Scary.”
For additional information, check out NNEDV, and, Violence is Scary and their facebook events page.
Who: All supporters of domestic violence awareness
What: Violence is Scary Costume Ball and Charity Event
Where: ONE Lounge, 1606 20th Street NW, Washington, DC
When: Saturday, October 29th, from 6:30-10:30
You can Purchase tickets here.
Have a safe and Happy Halloween Everyone!
And a special scary All-Hallows-Eve Shoutout to Anna Chaley Croll!
- Top 10 things parents can do to make Halloween safer for the kids
- Journey of Hope DV prevention bus tour stops at Bears vs Vikings game Oct. 16
- ‘Campaign 2012’ reforming laws dealing with ignored DV victims
- Helping prevent teen dating violence and domestic violence
- The connection between family pets and domestic violence
- Verizon launches domestic violence entrepreneurship program in Philly
- NJ Gov. Chris Christie proclaims Oct. ‘Parental Involvement In Education Month’
- Judges plan outreach to increase awareness of domestic violence (video)
- ‘Monsters’: Short animated video depicting child’s view of domestic violence
- Dating abuse: New 24/7 texting service connects you directly to counselor
- Mary Kay donates $3 million to domestic violence shelters nationwide
- New campaigns focus on impact of domestic violence on children and families
- National summit convenes to address college drinking, drugs, sexual violence