Your wedding day is one of the very best days of your life. The choices you make in planning your wedding should be well thought out with thorough consideration. A new wedding trend is that your wedding reception be attended by adults only.
If an adults only reception is what you want, do not hesitate in the planning. This is your choice and no one can hold that against you; however, you know that some will not be pleased with this arrangement.
Here are a few thoughts on how to stay true to your wishes and keep everyone smiling:
- Hold your wedding a few hours before the reception. This way, the children who know you and are excited to see you as a bride will get the opportunity.
- Make sure to word your invitations correctly. Do not state: No kids or please leave children at home. These phrases leave a negative feel. Instead, state: Adult Reception held at this place and time.
- Honor your own request and refrain from allowing any family children (nieces, nephews or cousins). It would be considered rude to your guests if you allowed some children and not others.
- The weekend before your wedding, consider hosting a “wee ones” reception. Of course, nothing fancy like the real one, but the kids won’t know the difference. This way, the children can have some time with you as well. This may also give their parents an opportunity to shop for your wedding present!
In Raleigh, adult receptions have become quite popular, particularly if they are in a hotel setting such as the Crabtree Marriottor the downtown Raleigh Sheraton.
Planning and hosting a wedding reception can be a daunting task. There are many advantages to an adults only wedding reception such as: less heads to feed, no running or screaming and a more mature crowd to mingle and celebrate. The ins and outs of wedding etiquette change frequently; however, as long as you use common sense and are courteous, your adult wedding reception should be lovely.
© 2011 Amy Bittinger Kunkle, All rights reserved. No part of this article may be reproduced without prior permissions from the author or Clarity Digital Group LLC d/b/a knotmove.com
Please consider reading all my topics:
- Raleigh Food click here to subscribe
- Raleigh Etiquette click here to subscribe
- Raleigh TV click here to subscribe
- National Contemporary Etiquette click here to subscribe
- National Women’s Health click here to subscribe
Do you have a passion for something that you would like to share? Why not write about it with knotmove.com? Click here to link to knotmove.com and start sharing your knowledge today