The world of video game technology is rapidly growing; every corner you turn there is always someone trying to create the next best game or the next best system.
To all of my video game fanatics:
This challenge was the latest project that I had to complete with a remote team of four of my Full Sail University Collegues:
Let’s pretend that NickToons asked you to design a game proposal about a game that could only be based off a single episode of an Invader Zim Cartoon Show. This episode can be viewed by clicking on this link.
Here were my deliverable requirements:
1. The game had to be an E10+ Rating
2. It could only be based off the episode linked above.
3. We had to research different design elements to the game; NPC, enemies, different levels, allow players to customize characters or not, etc…
4. We had to figure out what platform to design the game on.
5. We had to research ever design element of our project and determine why we made that decision. For example: If you decide to design your game as an iPhone App, can you provide any statistics as to why that would be better than any other system?
6. All of this had to be combined into a PowerPoint Presentation.
What would you do if you had this assignment mailed to your door? I encourage you to participate in this exercise by providing your answers in the comments section of this article page. I am extremely curious to what people can actually think of and the research you can find to back up your decisions.
If you would like to participate in this exercise, here are the requirements:
1. Watch the episode of Invader Zim that is provided in the link above.
2. Decide what platform your design would be on and give me one reason or statistic to why you made that decision.
3. Tell everyone what kind of game you would create. For example, will you create a First Person Shooter, Arcade style, Stategy, etc..
4. Provide different design elements of your game.
5. Provide the cost of your game and why you chose that amount.
6. Try to be specific as possible.
I love challenging the minds of my readers and I hope everyone will take a hour out of there day to participate in this exercise. I will be grading your ideas based off the grading criteria provided in my Team Building Course, and whoever recieves the highest grade will have there name, idea, and results published in my next article. If you would like to know what my group did, let me know in your response post and I will be more than happy to tell you.
If you liked this article and this exercise, you are more than welcome to check out and/or subsribe to my articles. I will be giving out more exercises to challenge my readers minds in my very near future articles.