Who Needs Congress? Part 1
President Obama is willfully avoiding the enforcement of American laws while writing Executive Orders to directly override the votes of Congress.
- After Congress failed to pass a Cap and Trade law, Obama gave to the EPA the power to rule our country with expensive regulations. National Economic Research Associates (NERA) used Federal Government data to discover that proposed EPA regulations would cost America over 1.2 million jobs by 2020.
- After Congress defeated his Amnesty bill, President Obama told a group of Hispanics that he’d “like to make this happen all on my own”, and “how we enforce those laws is also important”. His Department of Homeland Security then decreed that it will focus only on felons who have illegally entered our country, giving a type of “amnesty” to all others. The Department is now suing the states of Arizona and Alabama for enforcing immigration laws.
- Obama’s Jobs Bill, Section 376, forces states to give up their sovereign immunity if they take any Federal funds for any program or activity. Read this one again. http://www.whitehouse.gov/jobsact/read-the-bill#376
- Obama’s Executive Order #13514, titled “Federal Leadership in Environmental, Energy and Economic Performance”, closely follows the Kyoto Treaty which failed to be ratified by Congress.
- “Project Rebuild”, included in the Jobs Bill, would once again direct taxpayer money to renamed ACORN entities which have committed voter fraud, against the vote of Congress.
- After declaring a moratorium on offshore drilling, President Obama was declared to be in contempt of court for not allowing drilling permits, causing the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs. To this day he stalls those permits. .
- Obama took over GM and Chrysler, fired their CEOs, and appointed new ones. He broke a legal contract by denying to the preferred bondholders the right to be paid before anyone else, paying them pennies on the dollar. Chairmen of the Boards will now be appointed by US and Canadian governments and the UAW. He demanded closure of many auto dealerships. United Auto Workers now own 17% and the Canadian Government owns 12% of GM. He has declared, however, that taxpayer losses of $14 billion represent a resounding success. Meanwhile, signing bonuses and salary increases are being implemented once again.
- His Justice Department halted the prosecution of the New Black Panthers of Philadelphia for their video-taped intimidation of white voters in the 2008 elections. The stated intention of the Civil Rights Division is to not prosecute black-on-white crimes.
- He has openly taken sides with unions, 12% of all American workers, against the interests of the other 88% of us. Only unionized companies can get larger government construction contracts, as per Executive Order #13502. The National Labor Relations Board recently enacted regulations designed to push workers into unions while limiting employer input. A probable Department of Labor regulation would require every private-sector employer and service provider to file financial statements with the Labor Department if the service provider’s services even indirectly affect employees’ choice to unionize or not. This will become public information and failure to file will be a criminal offense. It is primarily unionized companies which have received waivers from following the mandates of Obamacare.
- His Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as his Attorney General, were involved in the “Gun Walker” program, and the BATF, at least, was involved in “Fast and Furious”, allowing Mexican drug cartels to receive American guns. Over 200 murders occurred using those guns. ATF then used the sales as evidence that America needs more gun regulations. Worse than that, now CBS has tapes wherein an ATF Agent “admitted she had suggested the ATF hire a private investigator to dig up dirt on U.S. Senator Chuck Grassley to persuade Grassley to stop investigating the ATF.”
- In promoting his Jobs Bill, our President has been found by the AP and others to be lying when repeatedly stating that middle class taxpayers pay a higher percentage in taxes than do the “rich”. Uninformed masses believe every word he says.
Take my word or do your own internet search to verify. Our President is behaving like a dictator, and a sleeping America is paying the price.