Jesus’ first miracle was at a wedding in Cana according to John 2. So we know God approves of marriages and weddings. Most people in the Bible had only one or two marriages except Solomon who had 700 wives and 300 concubines. However, that was during biblical times.
Let’s fast forward to 11-11-11.
On Tuesday, October 25, 2011, a woman talks to Dr. Phil about getting married for the 11th time.
Monette, 43, has been married 10 times already and has been divorced 10 times.
She plans to carry the 11-11 theme throughout her upcoming wedding.
Wedding Date: 11-11-11
Wedding Time: 11:11 a.m.
Cake: 11 Tiers (needs a ladder to get to the top tier)
- First marriage lasted 10 years and produced 3 children. She eloped at 18 toLas Vegas after graduating from high school
- Second marriage lasted 2 years.
- Third was remarriage to second husband.
- Remarriage to second husband again.
- Married 2 months after meeting man; marriage lasted 2 years
- Married man after knowing him for a month; marriage lasted 1 year.
- Remarried husband number 6.
- Married within 6 weeks of meeting a man; married 6 weeks.
- Married for 2 and 1/2 months.
- Marriage lasted 1 month.
- Will marry Anthony after dating him for 10 months.
Other than these marriage proposals, Monette said she turned down 5 others.
What advice did Dr. Phil give Monette?
Dr. Phil thinks this marriage will be just like the others unless some serious work is done to prevent a divorce. He said because Monette has not grieved the death of her father, she is looking for a “substitute daddy.” When things begin falling apart, she doesn’t stay to work things out. Instead she bails, which is an immature way of dealing with things.
According to Dr. Phil, Monette and Anthony need some pre-marital work. So he is sending them to pre-marital boot camp so she can stop running and deal with issues.
Dr. Phil analyzed Monette’s behavior to be that she gets married to men she doesn’t mind dismissing later; those she doesn’t mind losing.
The 11 bridesmaids were on the show. They spoke highly of Anthony and believe this marriage will work. Monette’s daughter from her first husband flew in from Germany to say to her mother she hopes this marriage works for the sake of her and her teenage brother.